Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa and the tallest freestanding mountain in the world. Situated in the Northern part of Tanzania, Mount Kilimanjaro is a dormant volcano with three volcanic cones, “Kibo”, “Mawenzi” and “Shira”. The summit is called Uhuru Peak and stands at 5,895m above sea level.
The Machame route, also referred to as the Whiskey route, is one of the most popular routes on Kilimanjaro. It is a very scenic route with incredible views and varying landscapes. It is known to be a tough climb compared to other routes, however, the Machame route has a higher summit success rate. There are no parts on the route that require any technical climbing skill. The topography of the route allows climbers to ‘trek high and sleep low’, making it more favourable.
This Ultra Adventure will take you 8 days from start to finish. You will reach the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro, making memories and friends that will last a life time.
London Heathrow - Kilimanjaro
Kilimanjaro - London Heathrow
You are responsible for getting to London Heathrow for the initial meeting. All transfers after initial meeting will be included until you are back in the UK. Flights will be booked using the information you provide, please ensure that all of your details are correct.
We aim to make your adventure as comfortable and straight forward as possible. That's why we include all the essentials that are needed for this Ultra Adventure.
- Flights International flights included.
- Transfers to and from the airport and hotels
- Accommodation pre and post trek.
- 6 Days(5 Nights) Machame route with camping
- 3 Daily Meals while on the mountain
- Professional mountain guides, cooks and porters
- Transportation to & from the mountain gate
WHAT IS PROVIDED
Below is a list of everything that we will provide for you to make this Ultra Adventure one to remember.
- Park fees, camping fees & rescue fees
- 3 season mountain tents
- Katadyn filtered water throughout the trek
- Oxygen & Pulse Oximeter
YOU SHOULD BRING
We do our best to provide you with everything that you will need for your trip. However, you will need to bring the following:
- Personal Back Pack
- Walking Poles
- Head Torch
- Water Bottles
- Windproof, waterproof mountain jacket
- Long sleeved shirts
- Thermal long sleeved top
- Thick long-johns/thick tights
- Warm sweaters or fleeces
- Hiking boots (waterproof with good ankle support)
- Trainers (for wearing around camp)
- Gloves, warm hat, sun hat and balaclava
- -29C Extreme limit sleeping bags
- Sleeping mat