Register your interest for our next trip to Kilimanjaro!
Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa and the tallest freestanding mountain in the world. Situated in the Northern part of Tanzania, Mount Kilimanjaro is a dormant volcano with three volcanic cones, “Kibo”, “Mawenzi” and “Shira”. The summit is called Uhuru Peak and stands at 5,895m above sea level.
The Machame route, also referred to as the Whiskey route, is one of the most popular routes on Kilimanjaro. It is a very scenic route with incredible views and varying landscapes. It is known to be a tough climb compared to other routes, however, the Machame route has a higher summit success rate. There are no parts on the route that require any technical climbing skill. The topography of the route allows climbers to ‘trek high and sleep low’, making it more favourable.
This Ultra Adventure will take you 8 days from start to finish. You will reach the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro, making memories and friends that will last a life time.
London Heathrow - Kilimanjaro
Kilimanjaro - London Heathrow
You are responsible for getting to London Heathrow for the initial meeting. All transfers after initial meeting will be included until you are back in the UK. Flights will be booked using the information you provide, please ensure that all of your details are correct.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Our aim is to make sure your Ultra Adventures trek is as comfortable and straight forward as possible. Here's a detailed list of what is included in your trek.
- Flights to and from Tanzania
- Transfers to and from the airport to the hotel.
- Accommodation pre and post trek.
- 7 Days (6 Nights) Machame route with camping
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner while on the mountain
- Professional mountain guides, cooks and porters
- Transportation to & from the mountain gate
- Fundraising Support from Cancer Research UK.
- Ultra Adventures Pack via post which includes kit list, fundraising support and sponsor forms plus much more.
WHAT EQUIPMENT IS PROVIDED?
Below is a list of everything that Ultra Adventures will provide to make this the experience of a lifetime!
- Park fees, camping fees & rescue fees
- Chef and dining tent
- Expedtion Medic with first aid kit
- 3 season mountain tents
- Katadyn filtered water throughout the trek
- Oxygen & Pulse Oximeter
- Porters for your support
WHAT KIT DO I NEED?
Once you have signed up to an Ultra Adventure you will receive a full detailed kit list in the post. We do our best to provide you with everything you need, but you will need to have your own personal kit.
- Personal Back Pack
- -29C extreme limit 4 Season Sleeping Bag
- Walking Poles
- Head Torch
- 2L-3L Water carrier
- Sunglasses, Hat and Sun cream.
- Windproof, waterproof mountain jacket
- Long-sleeved shirts
- Thermal long-sleeved top
- Thick long-johns/thick tights
- Warm sweaters or fleeces
- Hiking boots (waterproof with good ankle support)
- Gloves, warm hat for the summit
- Sleeping mat